Saturday, July 5, 2008

I Really Am Straight

There's this group invite on my Facebook page which has been sitting there for weeks. It's for Salaam: Queer Muslim Community and I've been wanting to join it to show my support for and solidarity with queer Muslims, but considering I'm a single straight Muslim woman looking to find a single, straight Muslim guy, I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. I'm afraid it may make it seem as if I'm a lesbian. And of course, there's nothing wrong with that except I'm not a lesbian and I don't want potential male partners thinking I am. They'll avoid me more than they do now. So I don't think I'm going to join BUT I do support LGBTQ Muslims.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, you could put the "Interested in Men" section up, to avoid potential confusion and to attract the straight Muslim guys.